Posts tagged "Alive"
Image: TMI by Benjamin Duke, now showing at ROY G BIV
I’ve got a couple weeks’ worth of visual arts stories I’ve yet to link up here. For you, the good thing to come out of my laziness is a handy list of shows to make your own non-Hop day of viewing. I’d recommend taking a look at them all while you can.
From the Anchor series by Erin Holscher Almazan, at Ohio Art League
About time for some links to my coverage of March shows in The Dispatch and Alive:
How’s that for a double feature? Probably not so great, in part because one is an original work that’s pretty damn derivative and the other is a story that’s been done on film ad nauseum yet is still surprisingly fresh. Click here for my review of Insidious, here for Jane Eyre. Links via Alive.
Image: Pass Summer Nights Above the Brown Mythless Constellations of Your Skin by Bethany Jozwiak-Butler, now hanging at MadLab Gallery
Need some food for your soul on this lovely Sunday? Then I’ve got some shows for you to check out - just follow the links. Personally, I’m hoping to finally make it to the Shared Intelligence show today.
Image: Untitled work by Irish-born New Englander Karl Mullen
Man, I’ve got a bunch of local art coverage for Alive & the Dispatch under my belt that I haven’t yet linked to here. Since some of the shows listed below are no longer open, in those cases, I’ve included a link to where you can see more of participating artists’ work online (plus Lindsay Gallery usually has at least a few Karl Mullen pieces on hand in the back room).
- Karl Mullen at Lindsay Gallery (Karl’s site)
- Nick Fancher at Wild Goose Creative (Nick’s Tumblr blog)
- Face 2 Face: Studios on High 25th Anniversary Show at the Cultural Arts Center (Studios on High site)
- April Showers at Rivet Gallery (sites for Jeannie Lynn Paske & Cory Benhatzel)
- Confluence(s): OSU MFA Exhibition at OSU Urban Arts Space
- Greater Columbus Arts Council Visual Arts Exhibition at the Columbus Museum of Art
Image: “Fuck” tree photograph by David Ike, showing this weekend as part of “All the Pretty Trees” at the Clintonville space It Looks Like It’s Open.
For your enjoyment and edification, more recent writings on the local art scene.
- Ohio Craft Museum’s “Best of 2011” exhibition
- “Reinterpreting The Familiar” at Brandt-Roberts Gallery
- “Ohio’s Impressionists” and “Western Light” at Keny Galleries
- “Street Talk and Spiritual Matters: Aminah’s Mt. Vernon Avenue” at Columbus Museum of Art
- Rebecca Ibel talks Pizzuti Collection
- Andrew Ina solo exhibition at Columbus Cultural Arts Center
- “Maya Chaimovich: A Bundle of Letters” at the Jewish Community Center
- “All the Pretty Trees” at It Looks Like It’s Open